Chennai: Playback Singer S P Balasubrahmanyam, who is being treated at MGM Healthcare in Chennai for Covid-19 from August 5, has been put on life-support as his health condition became critical, according to a statement from the hospital.
Chennai: Playback Singer S P Balasubrahmanyam, who is being treated at MGM Healthcare in Chennai for Covid-19 from August 5, has been put on life-support as his health condition became critical, according to a statement from the hospital.
A bulletin released by MGM Healthcare said, “There has been a setback in the health” of SPB.
"There has been a setback in the health of Thiru SP Balasubrahmanyam who had been admitted at MGM healthcare for symptoms of COVID since 5th August 2020. In a late night development on August 13, 2020 his condition has deteriorated. And based on the advice of the expert medical team attending to him, he has been moved to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and he is on life support and his condition remains critical.
He is currently under observation by the team and experts from critical care and his haemodynamic and clinical parameters are being closely monitored", the statement read.
On August 5, the legend singer posted a video message on his Facebook page stating that he had tested positive for Covid-19 with mild symptoms. And, requested people not to call him as he wanted som rest.
A bulletin released by MGM Healthcare said, “There has been a setback in the health” of SPB.
"There has been a setback in the health of Thiru SP Balasubrahmanyam who had been admitted at MGM healthcare for symptoms of COVID since 5th August 2020. In a late night development on August 13, 2020 his condition has deteriorated. And based on the advice of the expert medical team attending to him, he has been moved to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and he is on life support and his condition remains critical.
He is currently under observation by the team and experts from critical care and his haemodynamic and clinical parameters are being closely monitored", the statement read.
On August 5, the legend singer posted a video message on his Facebook page stating that he had tested positive for Covid-19 with mild symptoms. And, requested people not to call him as he wanted som rest.