35 dead in horror bus smash

At least 35 people have been killed after a bus smashed into a roadside barrier and burst into flames in China.

The tour bus was carrying 56 people when it crashed in the Hunan province in central China on Sunday morning, local media reported.

Two children are among those killed.

State news agency Xinhua reported 11 passengers were taken to hospital with at least four in a serious condition.

Earlier reports said 21 people had been hospitalised.

Survivors told local media they used a fire extinguisher to smash a window in order to escape after realising the doors had jammed.

The bus driver has been detained for questioning.

Local authorities believe an oil line ruptured when the bus smashed into the barrier and then sparked the blaze.

DMK State Art and Literature Wing Deputy Secretary Meena Jayakumar Resigns from All Party Posts

Meena Jayakumar, DMK State Arts and Literature Wing Deputy Secretary, resigned from all party positions including basic...

Second suspect in Sulur minor girl murder case remanded

Mohanraj, the second accused in the murder of a 10-year-old girl near Sulur in Coimbatore, has been remanded to judicial...

15 More Police Stations in Coimbatore District Receive ISO Certification

In recognition of its continued commitment to people-centric and quality policing, 15 additional police stations across...

Missing 10-Year-Old Girl’s Body Recovered Near Pond in Sulur

A 10-year-old girl who went missing near Sulur in Coimbatore district on Thursday evening was found dead near a pond tod...

Missing 10-Year-Old Girl Found Dead in Coimbatore

A 10-year-old girl who went missing near Sulur in Coimbatore district on Thursday evening was found dead near a pond tod...

Coimbatore District Police Launch Special Drive Against Rowdies.

Coimbatore District Police conducted a special drive on May 21-22, tracing and interrogating 51 rowdies across the distr...