Coimbatore blast: BJP calls for dawn-to-dusk bandh in city on Oct. 31

Addressing a press conference at the BJP office in Siddhapudur area of Coimbatore, BJP's Kerala in-charge C P Radhakrishnan said that a complete bandh will be observed across Coimbatore on October 31, from 6 am to 6 pm and sought the support of all parties to protest against terrorism.



Coimbatore: A car explosion in front of the Kottai Easwaran temple in Ukkadam area at around 4.15 am on October 23 killing one man, sent shockwaves across Coimbatore. The deceased has been identified as Jameesha Mubin, a resident of Kottai Pudur area of G M Nagar in Ukkadam where the cylinder exploded in the car and who had earlier been questioned by the National Security Agency in 2019.

Following this, police raided the house of Jameesha Mubin and seized 75 kg of explosives, including potassium nitrate, aluminium and sulphur. Ukkadam police have arrested five persons - Mohammed Talga Mohammed Azharuddin, Mohammed Riyaz, Feroz Ismail and Mohammed Nawaz Ismail. Five others were booked under the UAPA and remanded in judicial custody.

Addressing the media at the BJP office in Siddhapudur area of Coimbatore, BJP's Kerala State in-Charge C P Radhakrishnan said, "This car incident shows that Islamic terrorism is once again on the rise in Coimbatore. In 1998, when the DMK Government was in power in Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore city suffered due to serial bomb blasts. Now a conspiracy was to take place again in Coimbatore but fortunately the brain behind it died. While the rulers of the fort were sleeping, Coimbatore was once again protected by Kottai Easwaran."

C P Radhakrishnan further added, "We welcome the DGP's presence at the spot immediately after the incident, but the report that the exploded cylinder was not inspected properly by him does not show responsibility. The DGP should have explained why the cylinder exploded. No one can deny that the deceased person has been in touch with Islamic extremists, even those in jail. The Tamil Nadu Intelligence should have monitored his activities. The Tamil Nadu police should think about the reason why they failed to monitor even though they knew of his activities. The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, M K Stalin has given a statement after being asleep for three days."



"Although the Popular Front of India has been banned by the Central Government, it is a strong organisation in Kerala. Had the Tamil Nadu Government taken action when petrol bombs were hurled at BJP offices, they would not have had to face this today. It is a fact that the Tamil Nadu Government has turned a blind eye to Islamic terrorism. This is also the history of the DMK. The DMK is a party that does not learn a lesson from historical wrongs. They are targeting the loophole and not the social welfare. By the grace of God, the biggest incident ended only with a car explosion. Only the steps taken by the Government of Tamil Nadu will end this. The reason why the Islamic terrorists are targeting Coimbatore is that Coimbatore is the second largest city in the economy after Chennai and if it is demolished, their next target will be Chennai," emphasised the BJP's Kerala State in-Charge, C P Radhakrishnan. 

 

He also urged the DMK Government to give complete freedom to the police to handle the case. "It has been reported that 75 kg of explosives have been seized but reportedly there were one-and-a-half tonnes of explosives. The Tamil Nadu Police should work with the NIA and cooperate with them. The BJP has appealed to Coimbatore district to observe a bandh from 6 am to 6 pm on October 31, to protest against the TN Government's lackadaisical attitude and their intention to cover up terrorism. For this, the public and all traders should cooperate. If you say that this kind of terror is not present in Kerala but is on the rise in Tamil Nadu, it is because of the DMK. We don't see all Muslims as terrorists, but unfortunately all the terrorists are Muslims. So, Muslims should also support this bandh to isolate such terror activists from the Muslim community. We are seeking support from all organisations including DMK, AIADMK, Communist Party of India (Marxist), VCK, PMK and MDMK. If others don't come forward, then it is the BJP that has to take it forward," reiterated C P Radhakrishnan. 

BJP National Women's Wing President, Vanathi Srinivasan, Hindu Munnani leader Kadeshwara Subramaniam and several BJP functionaries were present during the press conference in Coimbatore.

Corporation Commissioner Inspects Amma Unavagams as Part of Quality Assessment Drive

Coimbatore Corporation Commissioner M Sivaguru Prabakaran inspected Amma Unavagams across the city to upgrade infrastruc...

Sulur Minor Girl Sexual Assault and Murder Case: Judicial Custody Till June 5 for Accused Undergoing Treatment at GH

In the sexual assault and murder case of a 10-year-old girl near Sulur, Coimbatore, one of the accused Karthik has been...

Free 3D artificial limb camp for differently-abled in Coimbatore

Narayan Seva Sansthan will organise a free corrective surgery screening and 3D artificial limb measurement camp for diff...

Sulur Minor Girl Murder: Police Register POCSO Case Against Arrested Accused

POCSO charges have been invoked in the Sulur minor girl murder case after police investigations confirmed that the child...

DMK State Art and Literature Wing Deputy Secretary Meena Jayakumar Resigns from All Party Posts

Meena Jayakumar, DMK State Arts and Literature Wing Deputy Secretary, resigned from all party positions including basic...

Second suspect in Sulur minor girl murder case remanded

Mohanraj, the second accused in the murder of a 10-year-old girl near Sulur in Coimbatore, has been remanded to judicial...